Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week One

So, it's been 1 week without TV. I'll be honest, it's not suer easy to go from TV to no TV, but we are trudging along. The first three days were great. The last 4 more of a challenge keeping Ruby entertained and helping her to answer the question, "what should I doooooooooooooooo?!" This mostly tells me that we made the right decision as it would appear that Ruby cannot "function" without the presence of some TV cartoon or show. Nevertheless, it added A LOT more work to my load this week than I'd realize it would. We'll see what week 2 has planned for us. Ruby goes back to school after Winter Break and she begins her extracurricular activities as well so I'm thinking we should be golden. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, here are some fun photos I took of Ruby and her sisters while at an outing at the Crocker Art Museum today.

P.S. If you have some ideas about how to transition out of TV Mode, I'd love to hear 'em. Let's have a great week everyone!





No comments: