Tuesday, August 13, 2013

walking

it's become my get-away. my do-something-for-yourself-and-don't-look back. my time to reflect, release and breathe. sometimes i walk and i sing. mostly i walk as fast as the beat of my music will allow. most times, i just want to keep on walking. no one around to ask me anything about anything.  it's my time to re-center. i walk around my neighborhood and down to the local park, so i get to be outside! i smile at people as i go by and they smile back. sometimes people even wave! walking fills my heart and strengthens my body. walking daily has become part of my routine and i am grateful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like Land Park in the background. I surely miss Sacto, and the daily sunshine, and the warm air, and.....

Unknown said...

LOL! Sacto and the people in it miss you! That photo was taken on T St. corridor, near my house. But of course, all of these old neighborhoods look alike. ;)